Biennial Safeguarding Audit
Darlington Safeguarding Children Board (DSCB) and Darlington Safeguarding Adult Board Partnership (DSAPB) are conducting a safeguarding audit in accordance with section 11 of the Children Act 2004, section 175 of the Education Act and the requirements of the Care Act 2014 which places duties on a range of organisations and schools to ensure services provided to children and adults at risk with care and support needs incorporate the principles of safeguarding and promote the welfare of children and adults at risk where applicable.
The Boards has recognised that the real benefit in the audit process is to support agencies in building depth into local safeguarding arrangements which it does not see being effectively delivered through a relentless annual audit process. The Board has agreed therefore that the audits should best be completed on a two year cycle which then allows time for reflection on the self-assessment and the opportunity to embed any changes and improvements that may be required.
The audit will take place between 22nd May 2017 and 30th June 2017. The process will include the support of a Moderation Panel to ensure consistency. Timeline of the 2017 biennial audit [PDF document].
Board partners, education providers (schools/colleges), voluntary organisations, Faith organisations and GP's have all been invited to submit their safeguarding audits. The relevant audit is to be submitted by using the following link/s:
- Click link for children safeguarding audit [External link]
- Click link for - adult safeguarding audit [External link]
Please note: where an organisation provides services to both children and adults at risk, they are expected to complete both audits and submit one for children and one for adults.
In addition organisations will need to seek approval from their chief officer and they can use the hard copy version below to support them in that process, but must ensure the completed audit is submitted via link above:
- The hard copy tool for members of Darlington Safeguarding Children Board [word document] and those organisations who work with and safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
- The hard copy tool for members of Darlington Safeguarding Adults Partnership Board [word document] and those organisations who work with and safeguard and promote the welfare of adults at risk with care and support needs.
Further information and/or support can be requested from the safeguarding boards' business unit:
- Telephone - 01325 406451
- Email - email@example.com